I am not a huge fan of cube steak but I wanted to make something easy and with fresh vegetables that the family could enjoy. This dish is very quick to prepare and does not require a lot of ingredients. The curried vegetables make it taste delicious.. and it’s healthy too!
- 4 cube steaks
- 2 T fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried)
- Black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tomato, diced
- Season each side of of the cube steaks with basil, salt, and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add cube steaks and brown for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Add zucchini, onion, and curry powder to skillet and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Place cube steaks back in skillet on top of vegetable mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- Served cube steaks with vegetables on top.