I got on a pita pizza kick for a while (see Mini Mediterranean Pizza) and since I absolutely love white pizza, I decided to make a healthier version.
My Chicken Bacon Ranch Pita Pizza is extremely easy to make and takes hardly no time at all. This is one of those meals that you can make in a hurry with hardly any prep work.
- 4 6-inch whole wheat pita bread rounds
- 4 T low fat ranch dressing
- 1 6oz pkg refrigerated grilled chicken breast strips cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 T real bacon bits (the soft kind)
- 1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 T dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pita rounds on a baking sheet and bake for 3 minutes.
- Top each pita with 1 tablespoon ranch and spread evenly. Evenly add remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Each Chicken Bacon Ranch Pita Pizza has roughly 300 calories.
To lower the calories, you may split 2 pitas in half horizontally. Finish the recipe using the 4 halves instead of the 4 whole pita rounds.