Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts, but surprisingly I had never made it until I came up with this recipe. This recipe combines two things that I love: cheesecake and pumpkin.
While eating this, I found myself saying “Mmm cheesecake” and then the next thought was “Mmm pumpkin.” It’s like a back and forth flavor explosion. And it’s good for you too! Well.. as good for you as cheesecake can be.
- 1-1/2 c graham cracker crumbs (10 rectangles)
- 2 tsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 T vanilla or plain yogurt
- 24 oz low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1/2 c sugar
- 15 oz can pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 c low fat sour cream
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 2 T flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crust: In medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, cocoa, sugar, and salt. Add yogurt, mix well, and press down into a 9″ spring-form pan. Bake 8-10 minutes, until set. Cool 5 minutes then refrigerate 5 minutes longer or until completely cool.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, pumpkin, sour cream, and spices and combine. Mix in vanilla and eggs (one egg at a time) on low speed. Add flour and beat until well combined.
- Pour filling over crust, spread evenly, and bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes until center is set (it will still jiggle). Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge of the cheesecake to loosen from the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Remove from fridge and run knife around edges again. Remove spring-form pan, cut into wedges, and serve.
Top with whipped cream, chocolate drizzle, or whatever your little heart desires!