I attended a birthday party where my neighbor, Jessica, made these delicious little Oreo Bon Bons. And after devouring them, I knew I had to ask for the recipe. The Oreo Bon Bons were good, but I knew they could be even more delicious. For her recipe, she used Double Stuff Oreos and white chocolate chips. You’ll see my recipe is quite different. The possibilities are endless too; just pick your favorite Oreo flavor and chocolate chip and call it your own.
- 1 15.25oz pkg Mint Oreos
- 1 8oz pkg reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 12oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place Oreos in a food processor and run until completely crumbled and no clumps remain. Carefully run a rubber spatula along the bottom to loosen any stuck pieces. Add cream cheese to food processor and blend until smooth. Place food processor bowl in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll mixture into 1-1/2" balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate in 20 second intervals (stirring well between each) until chocolate is completely melted.
- Using two forks (plastic works best), dip each bon bon in the melted chocolate until completely covered allowing excess chocolate to drain. Return to cookie sheet and repeat with remaining bon bons. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Make sure you don’t over heat your chocolate. Microwave in small intervals and stir well between each until chocolate is smooth. When you’re coating the bon bons, if the chocolate gets too thick, microwave for about 10 seconds and see if that helps. If it doesn’t, you can always add 1/2 tablespoon of shortening to the mixture and heat/stir until smooth.
Change things up a bit by switching out the Oreo and/or chocolate chip flavors.