I’ve seen Grilled Romaine made on Food Network, I’ve even seen it on a restaurant menu or two. It’s one of those things that I’ve also wanted to try but just never did… until last night.
We had a nice little cookout with our friends where we prepared some gorgeous filets with a chimichurri sauce. What better side to go with a fabulous selection of beef than Grilled Romaine.
This side dish (or starter) is insanely easy to make. Give it a try! I promise you won’t be disappointed. It received rave reviews from our friends. Grilled Romaine has an unexpected amazing taste.
- 2 packaged romaine hearts
- 1-2 T Olive oil (a good brand)
- 1 T Balsamic vinegar (a good brand)
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Half the romaine hearts lengthwise. Rinse each piece well (especially near the root) and dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle olive oil on all sides, getting inside when possible (this is easiest with your hands).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (add a little bit more salt than what you normally would).
- Drizzle vinegar on all sides.
- Place romaine cut side down on the grill for 3 minutes or until slightly charred. Flip them over and grill another 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately for the best taste.
Top your romaine with Parmesan, blue cheese, bacon, or roma tomatoes for extra yumminess.